CheapestTextbooks.com is proud to announce that we have just recently released a mobile version of our website! Simply open the browser on your mobile device and type in www.cheapesttextbooks.com in the search bar, and then you’re ready to go! This mobile site allows you to buy, rent, and sell textbooks just as the regular website does, however you can do this wherever and whenever it is convenient for you, on your mobile phone.
The textbook process is the same as it is on the main website, simply search for the book you need, next select the renting, buying, or selling option that you want from the search results, and then pick which merchant you would like to purchase the textbook from.
We hope this application helps make your buying, renting, or selling process easier and more convenient. When you start using the mobile site, make sure to give us feedback and tell us what you think!
Another, more modern way to get your college textbooks is through e-textbooks. Depending on your personal preferences, e-textbooks may or may not be a good choice for textbooks. Here are some pros and cons of e-textbooks to help you make your decision.
- You don’t have to worry about selling the physical book back
- They are environmentally friendly!- since they don’t require paper
- You don’t have to lug around heavy textbooks
- Your textbook is instantly available to you- all you have to do is search for the book, click download, and it’s yours!
- Portability- you need to carry a computer or reading device in order to read them
- Many textbooks are still not offered in e-textbook form
- Can be susceptible to viruses and technical difficulties
- You are not able to sell some e-textbooks back, which can mean a loss of money for you
- It is almost always the most expensive non new book option
- They often expire after 180 days
With the increase of inexpensive mobile devices, small computers and various book readers, e-textbooks can be a good option, especially if you are not likely to sell your books back when finished and you don’t mind not having a physical book in your hands.